I set some big scrapbooking goals for myself this year…then I decided to audition for a musical in January. It took a lot of my time between February and June. On top of that, I took on the role of treasurer for the Drama Society, which took me a bit of time to get sorted out. Then the last night of our shows in June, my dad passed away. Needless to say, that’s taken over a lot of the summer, along with landscaping our yard and trying to get a bit of camping in.
Things like cleaning the house and laundry have taken priority in the small bit of free time that I’ve had this year. Other than the good start I got in early January, my weekend retreat in April, and a couple of evenings over the spring, I’ve done zero scrapbooking.
So checking in on my plans:
- One of my lifelong regrets will be that I didn’t get my parents’ cruise album done before my dad died. We thought we had more time, and I was insistent that once the show was over it was going to be done. I am committing to finishing this by the end of September, so it’ll give my mom something to work on (the journaling) over the winter.
- our engagement story, my month-by-month pregnancy layout, and besties page will be the next thing I work on after the cruise book
- I have pictures and cards in albums from December 2013 to November 2015, and pictures done up to March 2016. Journalling and embellishing will come next, as well as catching up for the rest of the year.
- Miss A’s album needs pictures for 2016 and cards added.
- Still in a bin; as I work through 2014 and 2015 I’ll add it to my albums.
- I’m implementing my system for handling paper in September, when Miss A starts Kindergarten. I’m putting a folder in the kitchen for her artwork and papers. Everything that comes in will get date-stamped. Once a month, I’ll go through the folder and keep, photograph, scan and toss.
- I’ve been good about limiting purchases. I do have my eye on some of the newest kits but I’ve already got a person from a Facebook group to split them with.
- I bought a small coil-bound calendar to start recording things daily or weekly – it’s not been successful. It doesn’t help that it’s tucked away in my scrapbooking room. I’m moving it to my nightstand with a pen, and going to make it a habit of writing something everyday.
- Make better use of my evenings – I had a couple of nights where I took an album and cards into the bonus room and worked on albums but most of my evenings/weekends were filled with Drama Society and regular life stuff.
- Schedule a half a day every month where I spend time in my scrapbooking room – will start this in September.
- Use my friends – again, haven’t done it, but will plan to do it.